Holiday shopping, winter crafts, and tasty food at Carlaw and Dundas, December 14th and 15th!
The popular east end Toronto Withrow Park Farmers’ Market will transform Crow’s Theatre into an intimate, community market. The pop-up Winter Market celebrates all things local, such as A Word in the Woods‘ handmade-in-Toronto leather goods and accessories. Canadian Stitchery will offer their limited edition super-cool stitchable provinces, laser cut from birch wood. Corktown Soap will be selling their vegan bath care products along with so much more!
There will be food too! Visitors can take home artisanal treats from the fabulous gluten-free and allergen-free Gemaro Bakery, or jars of small-batch mustard in flavours like charcoal, chili, or wasabi from salt + Mustard (stocking stuffer!). Murray’s Farm will be selling the same heritage farm products to the public that chefs serve in some of the city’s best local-food restaurants. Plus visitors can grab a bite to eat or sip wine & beer from the lobby bar as they peruse the market stalls.
It’s a family event and everyone is welcome! Kids can make holiday crafts and decorate their own wrapping paper. It’s the perfect opportunity to find unique gifts and delicious holiday treats in a cozy community marketplace.
Withrow’s Winter Market will take place on:
Friday, December 14th – 4pm to 9pm
Saturday, December 15th – 10am to 4pm
At Crow’s Theatre at Dundas and Carlaw.
345 Carlaw Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M4M 2T1
Admission is FREE!
Interested in being a vendor? Apply here: https://goo.gl/forms/Ps01JSsznpe1cC8U2
At Withrow Park Farmers’ Market we take it upon ourselves to be stewards of the environment. That’s why at each of our events we actively look for ways to reduce our footprint.
Our Winter Market is no exception! We’re happy to share with you a number of initiatives that we’re taking to reduce waste and enjoy a greener holiday season.
- Our vendors have been carefully curated with a focus on local and sustainable products, and are all hand-crafted. We’ve also asked them to provide minimal packaging.
- Special thanks to the staff at Crow’s Theatre for serving hot and cold beverages in reusable cups. We will be renting cups from DreamZero for cold beverages and bringing our coffee mugs from the Farmers’ Market for hot cocoa and other yummy treats!
- The Zero Waste Station will be set up to provide reusable dishes and cutlery to all of our food vendors, so you can enjoy a bite to eat at the market without any extra trash. A green bin will be on site to collect any organic waste!
- Our amazing supporter, Meridian Credit Union, at Danforth & Logan, will have staff on site providing you with free reusable shopping bags. Stop by their table and say hi to them!
- We’ll be selling reusable cotton gift bags for all your gift giving needs! This reduces waste from traditional wrapping paper and doubles as an extra gift! All proceeds go towards supporting our zero-waste initiatives at the farmers’ market.